The Innovation Zone Best Ingredients Awards moves to a new digital format, with winners announced on 6 October, as part of in-cosmetics Virtual 2020
03 September 2020: Celebrating the most cutting-edge personal care ingredients, in-cosmetics Global has announced the companies shortlisted in this year’s Innovation Zone and Green Ingredient Awards.
The awards, which will be announced on 6 October – the opening day of the inaugural in-cosmetics Virtual – will celebrate the cosmetic manufacturers who are helping to push the boundaries of innovation and respond to evolving consumer demands.
Finalists: Best Active Ingredient
The skincare sector has been recognised as one of the most resilient categories during the pandemic, a step change from the lipstick index established during previous recessions. It is, therefore, no surprise to see new skincare ingredients leading the pack in the Innovation Zone – Active category. 12 companies have been recognised in this year’s shortlist with Clariant Active, Lucas Meyer Cosmetics and Vytrus Biotech scooping two nominations each.
The Best Active Ingredient Award shortlist includes:
– ALGAKTIV SL – ALGAKTIV® BodySKN
– Chemyunion – Cellfie
– Clariant Active Ingredients – Rootness Energize
– Clariant Active Ingredients – Prenylium™
– CODIF Technologies – EPS SEAPUR
– Givaudan Active – K-phyto™ [SC] Camellia
– Lipoid Kosmetik AG – PhytoCodine®
– LipoTrue – Reneseed™
– Lucas Meyer Cosmetics – Hydrosella™
– Lucas Meyer Cosmetics – Inst’Tigh™
– Mibelle – Alpine Rose Active
– Odycea – Jade Alga
– Silab – Lactobiotyl®
– Vytrus Biotech – Kannabia Sense
– Vytrus Biotech – Deobiome Noni
Finalists: Best Functional Ingredient
From skincare and suncare to haircare and decoratives, the nominees for the Best Functional Ingredient span a range of sectors and product categories. The Best Functional Ingredient Award shortlist includes:
– AH & NS – Re:Laméil
– Ashland – Antaron™ Eco Gel
– Cargill Beauty – StarDesign™ Power
– Chemyunion – Sensoveil Soft
– Clariant – VELSAN® Flex
– Döhler GmbH – YuraQ M
– Dow – SunSpheres™ BIO SPF
– Evonik Nutrition & Care GmbH – TEGO® Remo 95 MB
– Gattefossé – Emulium® Dolcea MB
– Givaudan Active Beauty – New Red 1805
– Oleon – Radiasurf ML10
– Sensient Cosmetic Technologies – Natpure® XFine range
– Stepan – STEPANQUAT Soleil
– Sudarshan – Prestige Silver Glow
– Symrise AG – SymEffect Sun.
The judges – Muriel Pujos, Pharm D, Technical and Scientific Director Skin Care, Coty; Dr. Andrea Mitarotonda PhD, FRSC, Independent Consultant in Cosmetic Chemistry; Belinda Carli, Director/Cosmetic Chemist, Institute of Personal Care Science; Zalina Wälchli, Entrepreneur, Zalina Wälchli International; Dr Barbara Brockway, Director – Personal Care, AppliedDNA Sciences; Fernanda Motta Scientific Communication Manager, Laboratorios Maverick; and Alex Fisher, Associate Director – Beauty & Personal Care, Mintel; have chosen ingredients that combine innovative science and product features in a way that offers substantial benefits to manufacturers.
Finalists: Green Ingredient Award
As sustainability continues to drive cosmetic manufacturers to assess the ingredients used in their formulations, this year’s Green Ingredient Award – in partnership with Ecovia Intelligence – will honour innovaitons that are championing sustainability in the personal care and beauty market. The full shortlist includes:
– BASF Beauty Care Solutions – HYALUFIX GL BC100095
– Cargill Beauty – FiberDesign™ Sensation
– Cirebelle – CireNat® Rice Bran Exfoliating Spheres
– Forestwise – Illipe butter
– Henry Lamotte Oils GmbH – Paradise Nut Oil/Magdalena River Nut Oil
– Lessonia – C+eRAMIDE
– Mibelle Biochemistry – Black BeeOme™
– Minasolve SAS – A-Leen Aroma-3
– Sensient Cosmetic Technologies – Natpure® Xtra Longevity
– SEPPIC – SEPIFINE™ BB.
The judges – Amarjit Sahota, Founder, Ecovia Intelligence; Tom Hornshøj-Møller, Technical Consultant and ex-R&D Manager, Urtekram; Robin Parker, Technical Director, Acheson & Acheson; Jean-Florent Campion, Research & Innovation, L’Oreal; and Judi Beerling, Technical Research Manager, Ecovia Intelligence / Pertech Associates; have selected the nominated raw materials or ingredients that are leading the way to make an environmental and/or social difference in the area of sustainability.
Roziani Zulkifli, Exhibition Director for in-cosmetics Global, said: “We are continually inspired to see the resilience and innovation demonstrated by the personal care and cosmetics industry. Although it’s disappointing not to be able to honour these incredible ingedients in person, I’m looking forward to finding out who is awarded the Gold, Silver and Bronze titles in a new virtual format this October.”
The in-cosmetics Global Award winners will be announced on 6 October at 16:30 (GMT). The award ceremony will be live-streamed via the in-cosmetics Virtual event platform, in-cosmetics webinar channel and the in-cosmetics Group Facebook, Twitter and YouTube accounts.
Find out more about the Awards on 6 October