in-cosmetics, 12-14 April 2016, Paris Expo, Porte de Versailles, Paris
Five companies have been shortlisted as finalists for the prestigious in-cosmetics Green Ingredient Award ahead of this year’s exhibition in Paris. Products developed by AMYRIS, IBR Ltd, Indena S.p.A, Sederma-Croda Group and SEPPIC will go head-to-head in a bid to take home the top prize at the awards ceremony on 13 April.
Run in association with Organic Monitor, the in-cosmetics Green Ingredient Award is given to a raw material or ingredient that makes a significant environmental or social difference in the area of sustainability. A panel of experts, including Amarjit Sahota, Director at Organic Monitor; Judi Beerling, Technical Research Manager at Organic Monitor; Tom Hornshøj-Møller R&D Manager at Urtekram; Jean-Florent Campion, Sustainable Development Manager in Research and Innovation at L’Oréal; and Robin Parker, Technical Director at Acheson & Acheson, will choose the winning product, which must have been launched over a year ago and have current applications in the market.
The finalists are as follows:
- AMYRIS with Neossance™ Hemisqualane, a C15 hydrocarbon featuring high spreadability and a light sensorial feel, ideal for natural cosmetic applications. A sugarcane-derived product, it is manufactured using industrial bioscience through fermentation.
- IBR Ltd. with IBR-Pristinizer, a natural, aqueous extract of Asteriscus Graveolens, a flowering plant native to the Saharan and Judean deserts. It has anti-pollution, anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Indena S.p.A.with Centerox, a mixture of glycosylated triterpenes from Centella, madecassoside and asiaticoside, which are the most potent collagen-boosting Centella actives. Centerox also showed the ability to improve epidermal cohesion and dermo-epidermal junction on epidermal keratinocytes and is effective in strengthening hair.
- Sederma – Croda group with Majestem™, an active ingredient obtained by the elicited plant cell culture of Leontopodium alpinum or Edelweiss, an exclusive technology developed by IRB by Sederma. It is the first anti-ageing ingredient that delivers visible lifting of the skin on the neck and face to combat sagging caused by sun exposure and air pollution.
- SEPPIC with EPHEMER™ a gametophyte extract taken from macroalgae cells grown in a laboratory and harvested at an ephemeral stage in the life cycle of Undaria Pinnatifida seaweed. During this growth stage, the macroalgal cells accumulate anti-oxidant molecules.
The winner will be announced at the in-cosmetics Awards Ceremony on Wednesday, 13 April at the Restaurant Drouant in Paris from 18:00 to 20:00 (CET).
For more information visit the show website: http://www.in-cosmetics.com.
For further press information, please contact the in-cosmetics group press office on +44 (0) 207 240 2444, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can follow in-cosmetics on Twitter at www.twitter.com/incosmetics
Join our LinkedIn group at www.linkedin.com/in-cosmetics
See us on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/incosmetics
Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/incosmeticsgroup
More information about Reed Exhibitions:
Reed Exhibitions is the world’s leading organiser of exhibitions and conferences. Reed brings together over 90,000 suppliers and more than 5.5 million buyers from around the world every year generating billions of dollars in business. Today Reed events are held in 38 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific, and organised by 33 fully staffed offices.
Reed’s portfolio of over 460 events serves 52 industry sectors, including: Aerospace and defence, building and construction, design, electronics, energy, oil and gas, entertainment, food and hospitality, gifts, healthcare, IT/telecoms, jewellery, manufacturing, marketing and business services, pharmaceuticals, property, publishing, sport and recreation, transport and logistics, travel.
Working closely with professional bodies, trade associations and government departments Reed ensures that each and every event is targeted and relevant to industry needs. As a result, many Reed events are market leaders in their field.
Reed Exhibitions is part of Reed Elsevier Group plc, a FTSE 100 company and world-leading publisher and information provider.