in-cosmetics Group announces finalists for Innovation Zone Best Ingredient Award
A host of companies in the cosmetics industry are celebrating after learning that their ingredients have been shortlisted for the prestigious Innovation Zone Best Ingredient Award ahead of this year’s in-cosmetics event in Paris. 16 of the sector’s most innovative products will battle it out to be crowned Gold, Silver and Bronze winners on 13 April, giving visitors a glimpse into the future of cosmetic formulation.
Judged by a panel of experts, the in-cosmetics Best Ingredient Award honours the development of a novel active or functional ingredient – featured in the Innovation Zone. The nominated products combine innovative science and product features in a way that demonstrates substantial benefits to manufacturers and end-users when compared to existing ingredients. Solutions appearing in this year’s shortlist include pore minimisers, anti-ageing actives and a biodegradable glitter, among others.
The finalists are divided into two categories – Active and Functional ingredients – as follows:
Finalists: Active ingredients
- Ashland with Blumilight™ biofunctional: Details will be revealed at in-cosmetics in Paris.
- BASF Beauty Care Solutions with Lys’sun, the first active ingredient that corrects solar elastosis damage and acts as a powerful shield against photo-aging by rebalancing the expression between LOX-L and Elastin under UV.
- DSM Nutritional Products Ltd with SYN-UP™: Details will be revealed at in-cosmetics in Paris.
- GIVAUDAN (Soliance – Induchem) with NEUROPHROLINE™, the first generation of cosmetic active ingredients able to block the production of cortisol. Developed from wild indigo seeds, used in Ayurvedic medicine, this active also claims to promote the release of endorphins.
- INABATA with INACLEAR®, a brand-new multi-action lightening ingredient that acts on an original physiological signalling pathway. Mimetic of the physiologic palmo-plantar whitening, INACLEAR is said to work at a genetic level to inhibit melanosynthesis and decrease melanin transfer from melanocytes to keratinocytes.
- Lucas Meyer Cosmetics with Miniporyl™, a picture-perfect pore minimiser designed to rebalance three skin conditions responsible for pore enlargement (excess sebum production, incomplete keratinocyte differentiation and loss of skin firmness).
- Solabia Group with Redyless® is based on piperonyl glucose, an innovative molecule obtained by enzyme biocatalysis dedicated to controlling instantaneous and transient redness (flushing) or chronic redness (rosacea) to gain comfort and a harmonious complexion.
Finalists: Functional ingredients
- AGRIMER with SEAWEED CAVIAR. Made from marine polysaccharides, these 3D ‘shell-less’ pearls serve as vectors for active ingredients. Described as a new galenic for exfoliating skincare, the beads melt on the skin without the need to remove any residue.
- Ashland with Polyelectrolyte Complex Three (PEC3): Details will be revealed at in-cosmetics in Paris.
- Coatex with Rheostyl™ 85 L, a breakthrough ingredient in the rheology of naturally preserved cleansing products. At acidic pH levels (4-6) it provides high transparency, smooth flowing pleasant textures and superior suspension of insoluble particles and beads.
- Dow Corning with Dow Corning® FA 4003 DM Silicone Acrylate. Building on the first generation materials Dow Corning® FA 4001 CM Silicone Acrylate and Dow Corning® FA 4002 ID Silicone Acrylate, this new offering features a flexible polymer designed to adapt to skin movements, resulting in films with high integrity and superior sebum resistance.
- Dow Europe GmbH with EcoSmooth™ OptiTouch, optical and sensory enhancer: Details will be revealed at in-cosmetics in Paris.
- Revolymer (U.K.) Ltd with RevCare Natural Effects: Details will be revealed at in-cosmetics in Paris.
- SEPPIC with MONTANOV 68 MB: Details will be revealed at in-cosmetics in Paris.
- Sigmund Lindner GmbH with SiLiglam NATURE, a biodegradable glitter.
- Symrise AG with SymOcide® C: Details will be revealed at in-cosmetics in Paris.
Winners will be announced at the in-cosmetics Awards Ceremony on Wednesday, 13 April at the Restaurant Drouant in Paris from 18:00 to 20:00 (CET).
For more information visit the show website: http://www.in-cosmetics.com.
For further press information, please contact the in-cosmetics group press office on +44 (0) 207 240 2444, or email email@example.com.
You can follow in-cosmetics on Twitter at www.twitter.com/incosmetics
Join our LinkedIn group at www.linkedin.com/in-cosmetics
See us on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/incosmetics
Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/incosmeticsgroup
More information about Reed Exhibitions:
Reed Exhibitions is the world’s leading organiser of exhibitions and conferences. Reed brings together over 90,000 suppliers and more than 5.5 million buyers from around the world every year generating billions of dollars in business. Today Reed events are held in 38 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific, and organised by 33 fully staffed offices.
Reed’s portfolio of over 460 events serves 52 industry sectors, including: Aerospace and defence, building and construction, design, electronics, energy, oil and gas, entertainment, food and hospitality, gifts, healthcare, IT/telecoms, jewellery, manufacturing, marketing and business services, pharmaceuticals, property, publishing, sport and recreation, transport and logistics, travel.
Working closely with professional bodies, trade associations and government departments Reed ensures that each and every event is targeted and relevant to industry needs. As a result, many Reed events are market leaders in their field.
Reed Exhibitions is part of Reed Elsevier Group plc, a FTSE 100 company and world-leading publisher and information provider.