in-cosmetics Korea, the only personal care ingredients exhibition in Korea, will be held from 13 to 15 July 2022 at COEX in Seoul. With less than two week left until the event, the latest details about the zones and seminars have now been revealed.
Innovation Zone for new ingredients
Global leading raw material suppliers such as Adeka, Ashland, Cell Mark, DKSH, DSM, Evonik, Merck and SEPPIC as well as domestic companies such as ActivOn, Biosolution, Daebong LS, and Cosfine will be participating this year.
in-cosmetics Korea specializes in the raw ingredients and formulation of personal care products. It also has multiple seminars on marketing trends and regulations as well as technical seminars on formulations and solutions. These are presented by industry experts and will have the latest updates and information on the personal care industry.
Among the special programmes that can only be found at in-cosmetics Korea, the Innovation Zone showcases 23 new ingredients released from January of this year until the start of the exhibition. Here are a few of the highlighted ingredients:
- Carbonwave, a company which is participating for the first time this year, will introduce ‘SeaBalance 2000’, a cosmetic emulsifier which is extracted from seaweed for the first time in the world, and launched in April.
- ‘METAexosome L55’ by J2KBIO’s, released in May, is a nano-sized exosome directly separated from lactic acid bacteria, and has the effect of improving the skin barrier and healing wounds.
- MYRALYS by GREENTECH contains a COSMOS-certified active ingredient and high-purity gentiopicroside extracted from wild yellow gentian roots, which makes possible 360-degree care around the eyes.
- IBR-SOLAGE™ by IFF-Lucas Meyer Cosmetics, which suppresses Glyc-Aging™ by a colourless, fat-soluble microalgae purification extract and supplies a unique multi-functional solution to the skin.
- ‘Calybiota® Bio’ by Laboratoires Expanscience, which is 100% natural and COSMOS certified.
- ‘Caressense™ biofunctional’ by Ashland Singapore, which is a plant fermented extract of organic jasmine flowers harvested in a sustainable way in Provence, France.
The Innovation Zone is unique because visitors can see these new ingredients in person and selected entries will also come with a formulation display, allowing you to put the ingredient to the test right on the show floor.
The Innovation Zone is sponsored by Gattefossé, with The K Beauty Science as a media partner and in partnership with REACH24H.
The ‘Best Ingredient Awards’ will be held at 4:30 pm on Wednesday 13 July and will give recognition to companies that have released ingredients that combine innovative science and product features in a way that demonstrates substantial benefits to manufacturers and to end-users when compared to existing ingredients.
Also, South Korea is one of the world’s fastest-changing beauty markets. It introduces industry-leading innovations and sets global trends, and the K-Beauty Inspiration Zone is where visitors can go to find out about everything K-Beauty, in one place.
All the K-beauty products are carefully selected and curated by global marketing research company Mintel. Visitors can find out about the impact of K-beauty products across the region and browse the most inspired make-up and skincare products with clear marketing and technical insights explained.
As well as the top-10 product showcase, there will be live demos by Mintel about the impact of K-beauty products across the region, with presentations about trends and concepts, such as clean beauty, sustainability and ‘skinificated’ makeup.
There will also be open seminars on the ‘Future Trends of K-Beauty’, which will introduce the global trends in each category that will impact K-beauty in the future. Climate change and the limitation of natural resources would be challenges for natural ingredient harvesting, brands will explore lab-grown or natural-identical ingredients more and create a new sustainability story of the future facial care.
Admission to ‘in-cosmetics Korea 2022’ is free of charge for those who pre-register online and will close at 6pm on 11 July. Then onsite registration from 13 July will be charged at US$20.
For PR enquiries, please contact us now
Enjoyed this article? Get more by subscribing to our newsletter!
Feeling inspired to see ingredients and trends in action?
Then why not visit one of the in-cosmetics events around the world?